Monday, 15 June 2009

Real Digital Experiences

I went down to see Coke's latest iteration of their electronic billboard in Piccadilly Circus last week.



I love the way we are seeing more digital things crossing into the real world, but this one feels like it could have been crafted a bit more. There is a flickr group and a facebook page, which are the kind of things you should do to amplify these campaigns but neither are exactly buzzing with activity. Maybe it is really successful and people are sending each other loads of photos, but in the half-hour I spent observing it, I didn't see anyone taking part.

Compare this to the stuff Joel was involved in for W+K's christmas window and you'll see what I mean about being more crafted (I know all about comparing apples and pears - but I think there is a valid point here somewhere).